April Fool’s Day is the perfect time to play a funny prank or joke on those around you without fearing any (serious) consequences to your humour – it is the annual custom after all! From harmless gags to intensely thought-out pranks (we’re channelling Jim from The Office US here), it’s good to have a few ideas in mind AND to watch out for what your friends, family and colleagues might be up to!
Steve shared a funny prank he was on the receiving end of from when he was younger: “As a teenage lad, I remember my mum coming into my room early in the morning and waking me up. She’d tell me ‘Steven your pal Paul is on the phone’. Then I would stagger, half asleep, to the upstairs phone and say hello – I would be greeted at the end of the line by them laughing and shouting April Fool’s!”
Last year if you remember, we announced the creation of ‘Red Tiger Dance’ as a new part of the company – we even had a new logo designed to make our prank seem more believable!
If you have any funny April Fool’s pranks, do share them in a comment below! Here are 10 funny pranks to try this April Fool’s Day:
10 FUNNY PRANKS TO TRY:
1.If you’re in the mood for a spot of baking, making some Brussels sprout cake pops would cause quite the surprise at first bite!
2. At the office, put tape under your colleague’s computer mouse and watch them get confused as to why it’s not working
3. The classic: leave a ‘rubber snake/spider/bug/dog dirt’ lying around the house trick
4. Another baking one for you – take some delicious ‘chocolate chip’ cookies into work or to your friends (who doesn’t like raisins right!)
5. To start someone’s day with a bang, place bubble wrap under a rug or bathmat – they won’t be expecting that first thing in the morning!
6. If you’re feeling a bit more dedicated this April Fool’s, why not swap out all of the photos in your home with pictures of celebrities and see how long it takes everyone to notice…
7. Write “I need to see you ASAP.” on a Post-It note with an illegible signature on your colleague’s desk – don’t let them panic for too long however!
8. This one requires more of a group effort for it to be a success, but why not try convincing a friend/family member that today is Thursday, or 2 hours later than it actually is
9. To give your kids a laugh in the morning, freeze a bowl of their favourite cereal and milk before you serve it to them for breakfast
10. And finally, if you’ve got a bit more time on your hands, follow in Jim Halpert’s footsteps and wrap your colleague’s desk items (and the whole desk if you’re going the full mile) in wrapping paper, tinfoil, newspaper etc.