Data Analyst – Real Estate Investor
We don’t normally share job adverts on our website because we don’t need to. We have a great network of candidates and prefer to just pick up the phone and contact the people we think will be a great fit.
However, we thought we’d buck that trend and share this Data Analyst role in London, because we hope this is a good sign of progress and things getting back to normal in the recruitment market.
- Salary: £35,000 pa
- Opening date for applications (9am): 3 June 2020
- Closing date for applications (5pm): 1 July 2020
- Benefits: workplace pension; minimum employer contribution; 33 days inclusive of UK bank holidays.
- Location: Working from home during C-19 pandemic. Post crisis, the role will be based in the London office.
Retail places are undergoing profound structural change. Today’s challenges and tomorrows opportunities require inspirational solutions, grounded in data and experience. Our client’s Research and Analytics team produce proprietary research, putting data at the heart of our decision making, allowing us to anticipate market trends and gain a deep understanding of our retailers, shoppers and centres.
This is an opportunity to join a technically accomplished team of Analysts in a wide-ranging role combining technical project work, consultancy services and project management. Data science and analysis is a key role within the business that will build upon and continue to elevate a best-in-class Research & Analytics team that differentiates our client and drives a competitive advantage in the marketplace through market expertise, analysis and insight.
The Research & Analytics team work on a wide variety of projects across the retail, leisure, town planning, alternative use, financing, development and public sectors in the UK. Project work includes consultancy, cross team report creation with a range of outputs for a variety of publican and private sector clients, internal strategic initiatives, portfolio analysis, as well as leading on BI initiatives and the creation of data led processes and solutions across all business teams.
The successful candidate will be someone with experience of building and using statistical models to examine and provide customer understanding within a retail, property, leisure or high street finance environment.
An excellent knowledge of statistical modelling techniques and awareness of issues affecting high street and consumer led businesses.
The role requires good problem-solving skills and the ability to be pragmatic and apply knowledge of retail and geography to ensure recommendations are practical and in-line with client objectives.
A high degree of client contact will be involved from the outset and therefore candidates should have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and be comfortable with leading on external projects and managing external communication with a range of contacts.
Your role will include:
• Providing recommendations, bespoke analysis and consultancy services to public and private sector
• Building statistical/mathematical models, using predictive/forecasting techniques and performing in-depth data analysis
• Producing data lead insights which inform asset management, investment, development, town planning and financing strategies and recommendations.
• Developing and implementing BI initiatives across all teams in the business
• Working with AI and big data analytics to provide in depth asset and behavioural insights
• Liaising with external data providers to build big data driven solutions for both internal and external use.
Core Skills, Experience, Knowledge Required
• Educated to at least degree level (2:1 or above) in a subject with high numerical content (e.g. mathematics, applied statistics, operational research, economics, engineering, geography)
• Excellent numeracy skills and a strong scientific approach to drawing conclusions from a variety of evidence.
• An aptitude for quantitative techniques, an analytical approach to completing assignments to agreed deadlines and strong attention to detail. If successful in being offered an interview you should be prepared to provide and talk us succinctly through specific examples of prior projects, you have worked on
• Demonstrable ability to draw key themes from data and construct an argument in a logical and accessible way.
• Demonstrable experience of working with BI software and be prepared to provide examples of reports created.
• Knowledge and genuine interest in the UK retail landscape
• Demonstrable experience of working with market, asset, demographic, financial, retail, location and customer data on projects with both private and public clients. You should be prepared to provide examples
• Good working knowledge of SAS, SPSS or similar statistical package, and/or other programming experience (e.g. VBA, SQL).
• Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills (advanced level of Excel skill is required)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present your findings in a professional, logical and engaging way.
• Excellent written and verbal use of English language
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks.
• A demonstrable ability to work on a diverse range of ongoing projects.
• Personal skills suited to working within a professional team environment as well as for a range of internal and external clients.
If anyone is interested in this role please contact Steve Halsall at Red Tiger Talent on 07979 756 257 or email@example.com.