The client is a privately owned real estate fund specialising in UK property investment, development and asset management.
Reporting to two senior partners, the role relies on strong up to date knowledge of UK economic issues and the UK real estate market. This includes knowledge of UK real estate practices and familiarity with key markets and sectors in order to produce regular formal reporting and other key research-based reports for investors and potential investors to support the investment strategies. The role requires working closely with the Partners to support all existing investment activities and new business ideas.
The formal reporting incorporates the financial reporting which is undertaken by the Finance Team, overseen by the CFO. The role also requires close liaison with Investor Relations team, Finance Team, Asset Management Team and the ESG Committee to elicit timely information for input into relevant commentary, analysis and summary performance overview sections of Fund reporting.
Key duties and responsibilities
Maintain knowledge of key economic performance, trends and market risks for UK economy, considering impact of economic policy on the UK real estate market and regulatory issues, and evolving business and consumer trends impacting supply and demand.
- Maintain knowledge of key real estate markets including London and selected regional markets as well as emerging trends in occupier markets and sectors within which Funds/mandates are active or seek to be active.
- Prepare and present research-based commentaries to support investment strategies for existing and new business activities.
- Provide papers on selected economic or property market trends to support Fund / mandate reporting or for marketing purposes.
- Maintain knowledge and provide input where applicable to the Manager’s ESG policies and strategy in order to report accurately to investors on progress and initiatives in third party reporting and presentations.
- Maintain knowledge of fund investments and asset management activities by attending relevant team meetings including: Monthly Prayers (regular all team meeting); Investment Committee presentations covering potential new investments; Quarterly Investor Calls (both preparatory calls and scheduled investor calls). The Partners / Deal Sponsors look to the independence of this research/reporting role to provide relevant commentary or observations during these meetings.
- Draft ‘thought’ pieces to complement and expand current PR strategy (in addition to regular articles already managed by Headland). Liaison with IR team regarding relevant research/ commentary postings on social media to raise Manager profile.
- In collaboration with IR Team, ensure the Manager’s tone of voice and business ethos are clearly and consistently presented in external reporting with regard to written content and visual presentation.
Specific reports to be drafted:
- Executive summaries for quarterly investor reports as mandated by reporting schedules in Fund LP Agreements in respect of three discretionary Funds (CPP II, CPP III and CPPIV).
- Overview commentary and analysis for annual reviews in respect of the same.
- Interim update letters at a six-weekly interval in between quarterly reports.
Other reporting tasks linked to Investor Relations, separate mandates, marketing and new
- Liaise with other Investment Directors and Asset Managers responsible for regular reporting in respect of the Manager’s separate mandates to ensure that key information on market trends is shared with the objective of producing consistent commentary on UK economy and real estate markets suitable for inclusion in all third-party reporting.
- Source graphs/charts/data for Investor Relations Team to be included in ad hoc reports or presentations relating to emerging market trends and/or investor requests for information.
- Ability to draft in-depth key information on Manager profile, strategy, UK economy, UK real estate in respect of any future Fund-raising prospectus / information memorandum.
- Provide input and critical review of material used for the Annual General Meeting. May be required to participate in planning of material and participate as a presenter and/or on a panel discussion.
- Provide ad hoc input and review of material on the company website.
- Degree educated (essential)
- Postgraduate qualification/s (desirable)
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills, maintaining positive working relationships
- Ability to multitask effectively, always meeting deadlines
- Analytical & research oriented
- Flexible & adaptable in approach
- Professionally presented
- Natural gravitas to engage well with clients
- Autonomous worker
- Excellent business writing skills
- Strong market research skills
- Extensive UK real estate knowledge
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good project management skills
To apply please email me on email@example.com