The company are undergoing profound structural change. Today’s challenges and tomorrow’s opportunities require inspirational solutions, grounded in data and experience. The Research
and Analytics team produce proprietary research, putting data at the heart of our decision making,
allowing us to anticipate market trends and gain a deep understanding of our retailers, shoppers and
Undertaking annually the UK’s most detailed and geographically diverse intercept survey,
enables them to benchmark performance and implement deliverable strategies.
Your role within the Research & Analytics team will be to help prepare analysis and reports which
will be used internally to inform the development of strategy and underpin market approaches as
well as externally to provide updates on subjects including occupiers, trends, macro-economic
conditions, and repurposing.
The key to this role is the delivery of data-driven and data-backed insight and a curious mindset with
the ability to see the broad picture and ask the “so what?” question is therefore essential.
- Preparation of analysis and reports both for use internally as well as externally aimed at answering a wide range of questions relating to on occupiers and trends, alternatives, repurposing, development, planning, investment and future macro and micro trends relating to the sector.
- Developing and commercialising new insights into the UK occupier market.
- Verbally analysing and interrogating published data and in-house market intelligence and data, gathered by the Research team.
- Collaborating with research colleagues to establish market trends and drivers.
- Presenting analysis and commentary to research colleagues, the wider business and external clients.
- Creating professional presentations and reports to present research both internally and externally.
- You will be required to be a committed team player and get involved in a variety of projects and activities within the research team.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree qualified, preferably with a focus on geography/ economic geography, with an aptitude for quantitative techniques, an analytical approach to completing assignments and strong attention to detail.
- Good understanding of real estate market principles, regional economics and a real sense of location.
- Good numeracy skills and a strong scientific approach to drawing conclusions from a variety of evidence.
- Ability to draw key themes from data and ask the question “so what?” to construct an argument in a logical and accessible way and deliver real insight.
- An interest in news, current affairs and the property market.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present your findings in a professional, logical and engaging way.
- Good time management and the ability to prioritise tasks.
- An ability to work on a diverse range of ongoing projects.
- Strong IT & Microsoft Office skills including Word and PowerPoint. Basic Excel Knowledge. A desire to learn how to use other packages.
- Personal skills suited to working in a professional team environment as well as for a range of clients both within and outside the company.
To apply, please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.